Frequently Asked Question
How do I set up Outlook 2010 for email?
Last Updated 5 years ago
This FAQ assumes that you have logged into your account via webmail and have the correct "Set Up Mail Client" info for configuring your email account. If not, log into your webmail account (http://webmail.whateveryour domain is.com). In the upper right, there is a pull down menu - select Configure Mail Client). There, you will see Manual Settings. Use the Secure SSL/TLS Settings for the setup below.
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click File.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail.
- Add the following:
- Name: (Ex. John Doe)
- Email Address: (Ex. email@example.com)
- Account Type: IMAP or POP3
- Incoming Mail Server: whatever the manual settings say
- Outgoing Mail Server: whatever the manual settings say
- User Name: Your email address (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your email password
- Click More Settings.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Set the Incoming Server Encryption Type to SSL.
- The Incoming Server Port number is 993 if using IMAP or 995 is using POP3.
- Set the Outgoing Server Encryption Type to SSL.
- The Outgoing Server Port number is 465.
- Click “Outgoing Server" tab
- Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox.
Make sure “use same settings as my incoming mail server” is selected.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Close when the Test Account Settings is completed.
- Click Finish.